Garden to Glass is Hiring
Summer bartending position on Lake Tahoe
Please read all qualifications before applying for this position
Part-time Summer Position:
Enjoy pristine views of Lake Tahoe while serving artisanal beverages from a private bar and restaurant in an exclusive lakefront community. We need an experienced bartender who has the drive and commitment to eventually take over as bar manager midway through the summer. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who is ready to improve upon their skills while gaining valuable resume-building experience.
At Garden to Glass Mixology, our focus is on offering innovate beverages that integrate natural Tahoe flavors into craft cocktails. We pride ourselves on creativity and attention to detail and strive to bring an intimate and unique experience to our guests.
If you are interested in working with us this summer, please read through the qualifications below. You must be commit to all shifts, so this position is only for serious candidates who are ready to work. No schedule changes, no last minute vacations, no time off for Burning Man.
Your shifts are Friday dinner, Saturday lunch and dinner, and Sunday brunch every weekend from June 20-Sept 10. Plus pre-start training, based on your experience. Exact shift start times TBD, but most shifts average 5 hours. At the beginning of the summer you will work with a bar manager, but you are expected to take over the bar by mid-August and run the show for the remainder of the summer.
You will be responsible for making beverages for the restaurant, pool/dock area, and walk-ups to your bar. Day service demands will vary based on the amount of guests on property, and night will be steady as there is a limited number of reserved seating.
- Set-up, break down and clean-up of bar area
- Preparing all drinks for restaurant, pool/dock, and walk-ups
- Engaging with guests and staff in a friendly manner while assisting with questions related to beverage service
- Assisting service staff with wine and beverage related questions
- Wine and spirit sales
- Pre and post-service prep
- Stocking and ordering all wine, beer, spirits, garnishes & n/a drinks
- Executing beverage menu and crafting on-demand drinks
- Multi-tasking while completing all orders quickly and efficiently
- Maintaining Garden to Glass’s standards of excellence
- Hosting happy hour
- Up-selling in a natural fashion while guiding guests through the menu
- Anticipating all unexpressed needs of the guests while providing superior customer service!
You will earn $750 per weekend plus tips, which will vary.
- Minimum 2 years bartending
- Experience working with “type A” clientele
- Upbeat, positive, friendly & welcoming personality
- Willingness to learn
- Familiarity with wine: strong ability to describe wines and properly explain flavor profiles
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating crowd sizes
- Must be independent and able to oversee the bar without management
Bonus if you have experience with bar management, tracking inventory, and craft mixology.
If this sounds like the position for you, apply today!
Please send your resume with a brief description of yourself and your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Summer Bartending
We are accepting applications until May 17th.